The latest news and resources from The Episcopal Diocese of Maine regarding COVID-19
Communications from the Bishop and Other Statements
- Messages for the Diocese from Bishop Brown
- March 27, 2020 - Self Care for Leaders in the Diocese from Bishop Brown
- March 25, 2020 - Letter from Bishop Brown with protocols for the ongoing safety of our community
- March 21, 2020 - Message from Bishop Brown with video from the Rev. Dr. Suzanne Roberts
- March 17, 2020 - Video Update from Bishop Brown encouraging our continued spirit of cooperation and compassion and hope
- March 16, 2020 - Update from Bishop Brown "Every faith community should suspend in-person worship...until further notice"
- March 14, 2020 - Video Address from Bishop Brown on our COVID-19 Response
- March 10, 2020 - Letter with Pastoral Directives from Bishop Brown
- Messages from Presiding Bishop Michael Curry, The Episcopal Church
Resources on CoVID19
- Resources & information for Churches
- Maine Helps: Ways Mainers Can Help Mainers
- Congregations in the Diocese of Maine hosting livestreamed services and prayer
Town Halls: Weekly Zoom Meetings with Bishop Brown for Clergy Active in Congregations and Wardens:
- Tuesdays 5:00 PM - Online Conversation via Zoom for Active Clergy and Lay Leaders
- Please contact Barbara Martin for the link to join by emailing or calling 207-650-6070.
- Find information from past meetings here.
Status of Upcoming Diocesan Events
Event status updated as of: March 18, 2020 8:00 am
- March 20-22, 2020: REACH, Maine Episcopal Youth middle school event - cancelled, reimagined on Zoom on March 21
- March 27-29, 2020: Call to Serve, Maine Episcopal Youth high school event - cancelled, reimagined on Zoom on March 20
- March 31, 2020: Chrism Eucharist and Clergy Renewal of Vows - cancelled (possible reschedule pending)
- May 1-3, 2020: Spring Work Weekend at Camp Bishopswood - cancelled
- May 1, 2020: Evangelism Training with Stephanie Spellers - pending
- May 2, 2020: Bicentennial Celebration with Presiding Bishop Michael Curry - pending
- May 3, 2020: Regional Confirmation at the Cathedral - cancelled (reschedule pending)
For People Critically Ill of Facing Great Uncertainty
God of the present moment,
God who in Jesus stills the storm
and soothes the frantic heart;
bring hope and courage to all
who wait or work in uncertainty.
Bring hope that you will make them the equal
of whatever lies ahead.
Bring them courage to endure what cannot be avoided,
for your will is health and wholeness;
you are God, and we need you.
-Adapted from New Zealand Prayer Book, p. 765
For the Sick
Heavenly Father, giver of life and health: Comfort and relieve those who are sick, and give your power of healing to those who minister to their needs. May they be strengthened in their weakness and have confidence in your loving care; through Jesus Christ our Lord, who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God, now and for ever. Amen. (modified BCP 260)
For Doctors and Nurses
Sanctify, O Lord, those whom you have called to the study and practice of the arts of healing, and to the prevention of disease and pain. Strengthen them by your life-giving Spirit, that by their ministries the health of the community may be promoted and your creation glorified; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen. (BCP 460)
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION IS AVAILABLE AT THE CENTERS FOR DISEASE AND CONTROL: https://emergency.cdc.gov